Monday, January 17, 2005

I am no Virgin

Yet, I have never married. I guess I can be classified as an “Old Maid”. At 48 years old I think I qualify for that term.

That is soon to change. That’s right gang. I am getting married. Gettin hitched. The ole ball and chain routine. Soon to be the better half of a whole.

Actually, it is he that is the better half.

I come with a lot of baggage. Baggage I tend to hold on to. Baggage, that clings to me and colors my perception of reality.

I am full of holes. Holes filled with emotional energy that activates my ability to find joy in the moment. So I step aside and watch.

I find that joyful. I am finding it fun and wonderful to actually watch myself be a nutcase.

Ha! What a nutcase I am!

And I’m getting married.

The other day I told him that I was crazy, moody, and bitchy. He had a half grin on his face, which told me he agreed. I was being honest and not one bit of emotion was felt in the telling of this truth. And then I told him I was also kind and wonderful and giving. He told me I was all of those and he loved every one.

Wow. He loves me, as I am, each and every one of me.

It was one of the most romantic things I had ever heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home